Vision: We aim to empower our diverse community of members to deliver the best possible patient care by being their premier resource for education and support.
We are committed to making your job of practicing medicine easier. If there are resources that you would like added to this page, please contact Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT REVIEW RESOURCES
Employment contracts can be complicated and confusing documents. If not completely understood, the results could have a negative effect on not only your finances but your overall well being.
We believe strongly that our members should have any employment contract they are considering carefully reviewed by an attorney prior to signing it. We are happy to offer financial assistance to our members who are interested in having an employment contract reviewed. If you are interested in this benefit, please contact Nicole for more information at Nicole@bfcms.org or 943-8817.
You may also find the following resources helpful.
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) is a bipartisan legislation signed into law on April 16, 2015. MACRA created the Quality Payment Program that:
- Repeals the Sustainable Growth Rate formula
- Changes the way that Medicare rewards clinicians for value over volume
- Streamlines multiple quality programs under the new Merit Based Incentive Payments System (MIPS)
- Gives bonus payments for participation in eligible alternative payment models (APMs)
- MACRA also required us to remove Social Security Numbers (SSNs) from all Medicare cards by April 2019.
You can find additional information about MACRA by following the links below.
OPIOID & NON-OPIOID PAIN MANAGEMENT RESOURCES, OPIOID ADDICTION
- Updated Opioid Prescribing Guidelines- Effective January 1, 20129
- Prescription Monitoring Program
- WSMA Opioid Clinical Guidance
- Washington State Agency Medical Directors’ Group Opioid Prescribing Guidelines
- University of Washington TelePain: Weekly audio and video-based conferences
- University of Washington Pain and Opioid Hotline, Call 844-520-7246
- Physical Therapy Association of Washington
- Washington State Chiropractic Association
- Academy of Medical Acupuncture
END OF LIFE CARE
- Honoring Choices Pacific NW (an initiative of Washington State Hospital Association and Washington State Medical Association)
- Washinton End of Life Coalition
- The Conversation Project
- Washington State Medical Association end of life resources for physicians and patients
DRUG DISPOSAL LOCATION POSTCARDS AND FLYER
We have created these documents for our members to share with their patients. The post-card file will print 4 cards/page and the flyer will print as a single page.